How to: Day make-up

Hey everyone! So after a long day I have finally finished my first ever video for YouTube! I am super excited but very nervous about reactions! Make sure you check it out by clicking on this little link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCWXYC6hpYpQ-dCS_keVyVw/feed 

So this video has inspired me to do a What's in my make-up bag? post for my blog. Have a little read and let me know if you have any of the products I have too and what you think! Thanks guys.


First up we have my beautiful Real Techniques brushes. I bought these about a year ago and have no idea how I did my make-up before I had them! I bought the buffing, contour, detailer and foundation brush in a set and since have also bought the blush brush. I tend to not use any of these brushes for what they are mean't for! I use the buffing brush to apply my foundation as it gives a really good coverage without any brush marks. The detailer brush I mainly use to apply a shadow to my brows for definition. I use the foundation brush for blending eye liner and the contour brush for contouring as well as blending eyeshadow. 


I have recently learnt how to contour my face and I found the two most important things are bronzer and highlighter. Each needs to be applied to where your face is naturally light/dark to show off your bone structure. These Soap and Glory products have lasted me ages and are brilliant for experimenting with highlighting.



Like my Real Technique brushes, I have no idea what I did before I had my Naked Basics palette by Urban Decay! This small selection of shadows are perfect for day and night looks. As you can see, I have made my way through it very well! My favourite colours to use are Naked 2 on my eyes, Faint to contour and Venus to highlight the brow bone.



Some people are scared of eye lash curlers, but for me, I'd be lost without them. Some people are blessed with beautifully long lashes, however, I am not one of them. And so to enhance them as much as I can I always curl my lashes before mascara and after mascara (once they are dry!) The Rimmel London Scandal Eyes mascara is amazing, however, runs and drys out too fast! But amazing for long lashes.


For foundation, after years of looking for the perfect match, I found this Bourjois Paris Heathly Mix Serum. I am in love with this foundation. The reasons I love it is because not only does it give the face even coverage and a beautiful glow but is also so light and easy to wear. For concealer, I use a Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer which was recommended to me from my sister. And she was right, this concealer is without a doubt the best on the high street at the moment. 


If I want to achieve a matte look on my face make-up I always turn to my Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder. And for blusher, I use this cute Rimmel London blusher which is perfect for slipping into the make up bag!


I love my eyeliners! And these two are my current must haves. I use the liquid eyeliner on the top of my eyes with a thin flick. As well as this, I wear this Bobbi Brown cream eyeshadow stick in Bark on my lower eyes for definition.



And that's it guys! Remember to subscribe and comment away!

Lots of love,

Alice

x

No comments:

Post a Comment