Summer must haves by According to Alice!
That time is here again, the sun is breaking through and we're all very excited about summer. A time of ice cream colours, high waisted shorts and sandals. And when this time comes there are certain things you need to have in your wardrobe for the sunny period. And here's my list. I hope you enjoy!
1. Everyone needs a summer bag. Something to chuck all your bits and bobs in for the day. And what's better than this classic Longchamp bag, which is available at John Lewis for £69.
2. Something that is always big each summer, but especially this summer coming up are baggy tees with aztec art. You can find these everywhere, but I would suggest Urban Outfitters, MussGuided and Topshop for the best of the best. This one is from Topshop and is priced at only £14.
3. Like last summer, tribal is still in, and the best way to explore this trend is via collar necklaces. I love the detail and colour on this piece from Topshop and is £28.
4. I bought a pair of amazing brown sandals from Gap last year and they're still going! They're amazing quality and go with basically everything. These are very similar. The dark brown is so summery and versatile. These are also from Gap and are £24.95
5. Sunglasses; an obvious must have for the sunny days laying on the beach. But there are so many frames and colours these days it's so difficult to decide! These sunnies are my favourites at the moment. These ones are vintage, and so similar ones can be found in any vintage shop. However, the frame can also be found in places like Topshop mainly.
6. The revolution of the Levis high waisted shorts is still going. They're so popular still that you can find them in most vintage shops for around about £15.
7. Summer is a time to be casual, however, you need the odd formal shirt. This shirt is one of my favourite pieces on the high street at the moment. I love the light teal colour with the white and the black lining and collar. This one is from Topshop and is £34.
8. Long necklaces are something every woman should have in her wardrobe. They are so versatile and go well with most tops but especially a nice baggy plain tee. This on is very simple and delicate. Find in at Topshop for a great price of £8.50.
9. One of my favourite things to wear in the summer is a playsuit. They are so light and comfortable, as well as being available in so many different cuts and colours. This one is simple and gorgeous. It's from New Look and is only a £19.99, bargain!
10. To add to the jewellery collection here are some really lovely, simple rings from H&M for only £2.99
11. In the summer, you rarely want to slap loads of make up on. Brighten up your face with a touch of colour from Bourjois Rouge Edition for only £7.99. The colour in the image is Peche Cosy which I think is such a lovely subtle colour for the summer. Avaiable from Superdrug.
12. Another H&M jewellery find are these stunning silver earrings. I love their simplicity. AND they're only £5.99.
13. The colour of your nails in the summer is very important. Beauty companies are releasing new bright colours and there are too many to pick from! At the moment this Barry M Peach at £2.99 at Superdrug.
14. Last but certainly not least is this lovely summer dress I found form Miss Guided at only £14.99. Tie die is big again this summer and what better way to explore than with this amazing blue dress!