Savage Beauty

Alexander McQueen- Savage Beauty. A truly beautiful book with some of the most amazing photographs I have ever seen. 





 'It is important to look at death because it is a part of life. It is a sad thing, melancholic but romantic at the same time. It is the end of a cycle- everything has to end.The cycle of life is positive because it gives room for new things.'
- Alexander McQueen

 'Remember Sam-Taylor-Wood's dying fruit? Things rot... I used flowers because they die. My mood was darkly romantic at the time.'
-Alexander McQueen
 'I want to be honest about the world that we live in, and sometimes my political persuasions come through my work. Fashion can be really racist, looking at the clothes of other cultures like costumes. ...That's mundane and it's old hat. Let's break down some barriers.'
-Alexander McQueen

No comments:

Post a Comment